Monday, March 22, 2010

Castration

Ok, I know that's not what they're calling it these days, but it's what I'm doing to my dogs tomorrow. Nelso has been pushing for it for weeks, and I can't put it off any longer. I know lots of dogs who have been fixed who are just fine, but I hate the thought of doing it to my poor little guys. Their lives are so sad... but at least they have their balls. Until tomorrow, that is.

BUT on the flip side, they have picked up some bad habits that this will supposedly stop. So maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe they won't feel hurt and betrayed and mutilated for no good reason but my own convenience. Maybe they'll understand their natural dog instincts, which they can't help any more than I can help breathing, were cramping our style and they won't hate us for turning them into sluggish eunuchs.

Poor pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment