Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

We're spending the day catching up on chores around the house. And not normal chores: the REALLY bad ones. For instance, we're dusting all the ceiling fans and wiping down the baseboards. AND going though the closets and books and drawers and cabinets and picking things to donate to charity. It's going to be a hell of a day! I just hope it doesn't rain so we can do some work outside as well.

Something weird is going on with my bank account. Every place I've used my debit card in the past week now has a temporary hold for $1. I guess it's my bank that's screwing up since it's EVERY place. Good thing I only used my card 7 times. But still... who knows when I'll need that seven bucks?

We groomed the dogs ourselves recently. It was quite the experience. Scout came out looking much, much better than poor old Buster. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Our thought process was this: grooming the dogs ourselves requires a one time investment (in clippers) that is less than half of what we pay to get the dogs professionally groomed every 6 weeks. So even if we only do it this one time, we will have saved money. I think we'll probably continue to groom them ourselves, though. It's an all afternoon deal, but I think it's worth it. And I'm sure we'll get more efficient as we go.

OOOH and my brother graduated from high school last Thursday. It was pretty exciting. Nelso was in Tulsa for work so he missed all the fun. My mom and dad had a huge fight that afternoon, then didn't speak to each other for the rest of the night. Which could have been awkward since they were hosting a post-graduation party, but I don't think anyone noticed. They don't talk to each other that much even on their good days haha.

So that's pretty much all that's going on over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment