Monday, April 5, 2010

Nelso and I watched a guy die at church yesterday.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. We just watched his heart stop.

Mr. Terry, the guy who's heart stopped, was sitting in the row behind us with his family. Suddenly, his wife started wailing. I turned around and saw him sitting with his head lolled back and his eyed rolled up into the back of his head. Seriously, you couldn't see anything but the whites of his eyes. It was really creepy. His wife and his son were shaking him and his wife was screaming his name the entire time.

My mother is amazing! She hopped right up and started CPR. I know CPR, but it never even occurred to me. I was just sitting there frozen. His wife was SCREAMING the entire time. It was blood curdling. Mr. Terry started breathing again after the first round of CPR, and by the time the ambulance got there he was sitting up and talking, but it was still pretty scary. I think I was still shaking three hours later.

So that was our Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment